We are fashion. We are food & dining. We are entertainment & leisure. We are Westfield – with one of the most outstanding shopping centre portfolios in the country, a career with Westfield offers the chance to be part of a company that is transforming the face of retail.
We now have an opening for a Procurement Manager to join our Construction team based in Milan, Italy. The key focus of this role is to manage all allocated package procurement activities in accordance with the stated strategies and within time and budget. This position requires a close working relationship with Design Managers, Quantity Surveyors and Construction Management together with QHS&E, in addition to the Senior Procurement Manager and the procurement personnel within the team
In this role, you will be…
- Ensure the implementation and adherence of the project procurement HSE plan and policy by all personnel, suppliers and or contractors.
- Undertake the procurement in accordance with the project and company policies and legal obligations (such as Code of Business Conduct).
- Define, develop and implement the package procurement strategies to accord with the stated project procurement strategy and Business Plan.
- Continually review the package strategies and propose changes to the stated strategy as a result of market movements.
- Define and develop package scope of works in consultation with the project team.
- Plan, direct, co-ordinate and control the package procurement activities in line with the procurement schedule.
- Identify tender enquiry packages. Undertakes market research, agree tender bid list, issue tender documentation and manage the tender process.
- Carry out tender commercial evaluation and in consultation with the project team, coordinate the technical evaluation.
- Actively pursue cost savings and reductions in the supply chain through viable value engineering and commercial negotiation techniques to achieve the right scope, design and product selection, the right programme, the right terms and the right contractor.
- Prepares recommendations for award for approval by the Management Team.
- Lead the pre-award meetings and prepare Contract Documentation.
- Ensure the production of accurate reporting of relevant information in accordance with project defined reporting plans.
We’re looking for someone with…
- Essential: At least 10 years major construction project procurement experience within Sub-Contract Services and Material / Equipment commodity procurement.
- Essential: HNC / HND Construction Technology
- Desirable: At least 15 years major project procurement experience.
- Desirable: CIPS Corporate Membership
The core Westfield values cover four key areas; Achieves, Collaborates, Innovates and Creates/Builds Community. We call these values The Westfield Edge and they are personified in every employee through the following behaviours;
- Focused on achieving high standards by working on your own initiative and taking accountability for results.
- Driving forward actions with pace and encouragement of creative solutions - you have a hunger for delivering results.
- Be proactive and resilient whilst maintaining an adaptive approach.
- Have an open and transparent communication style with the ability to listen, influence and challenge appropriately.
- Cultivate close working relationships within team and colleagues to drive win-win execution.
- Take a fresh & unrestrictive view on current ways of doing things to stimulate innovation and new approaches.
- Embrace change by fostering state-of-the-art knowledge and technology trends to sustain Westfield’s competitive edge.
- Desire and ability to question and challenge the status quo and build compelling cases for change while still working effectively within a team.
- Be committed, motivated and passionate about our people and our company.
Working at Westfield is not all about hard work and no play. The rewards reflect this, and include a competitive salary, a host of benefits including generous discounts at our centres and a stimulating work environment.
If you want to join a truly inspirational organisation which is constantly driving innovation, please review and apply accordingly.
We consider applications from candidates who need some form of flexible working, so please ask us for more details at the time of application.
- Lucia Garlando