Senior Design Managers
We are fashion. We are food & dining. We are entertainment & leisure. We are Westfield – with one of the most outstanding shopping centre portfolios in the country, a career with Westfield offers the chance to be part of a company that is transforming the face of retail.
We now have an opening for a Senior Design Managers (Infrastructure/Civil, MEP and Architectural/Landscape) to join our Design team based in Milan, Italy . The key focus of this role is to effectively manage and monitor design consultants progress.
In this role, you will be…
- Serve as a key participant in Design Workshops and meetings as requested
- Communicate effectively to the consultants and internal project team.
- Assist in developing a coherent, infrastructure, retail and non retail scheme
- Review design information to ensure commercial/contractual obligations, and all build ability elements to the programme run smoothly, and address issues
- Evaluate the production of the consultant’s proposals, ensuring they are complete, unambiguous and cost effective
- Ensure the design is fully coordinated, buildable and reviewed by the project team
- Coordinate with Construction/Procurement Programmes and manage the design team’s output to ensure compliance with the Integrated Design Programme (IDP)
- Assist planners to produce a realistic design programme to ensure the timely production of information to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements
- Assess design risk and manage its mitigation
- Review the design with respect to mitigating Health and Safety issues prior to construction
- Provide guidance to the project team on design related issues
- Promote value engineering and innovation within the design process
- Liaise with the Team Lead Design Manager reporting on project performance
We’re looking for someone with…
- Fluent English and Italian spoken and written
- The ideal Design Manager will have a stable track record with experience working within the Italy/UK for a general contractor
- The ideal candidate will currently be in a Coordination/Management role or alternatively be an Engineer, PM or Senior Manager who has sound knowledge of different types of technical solutions available and applicable to an infrastructure project
- Experience in preparing tender package list of documents for contracts in the internal packages arena for mixed-use projects
- Requires a University degree in area of specialty and at least 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area
The core Westfield values cover four key areas; Achieves, Collaborates, Innovates and Creates/Builds Community. We call these values The Westfield Edge and they are personified in every employee through the following behaviours;
- Focused on achieving high standards by working on your own initiative and taking accountability for results.
- Driving forward actions with pace and encouragement of creative solutions - you have a hunger for delivering results.
- Be proactive and resilient whilst maintaining an adaptive approach.
- Have an open and transparent communication style with the ability to listen, influence and challenge appropriately.
- Cultivate close working relationships within team and colleagues to drive win-win execution.
- Take a fresh & unrestrictive view on current ways of doing things to stimulate innovation and new approaches.
- Embrace change by fostering state-of-the-art knowledge and technology trends to sustain Westfield’s competitive edge.
- Desire and ability to question and challenge the status quo and build compelling cases for change while still working effectively within a team.
- Be committed, motivated and passionate about our people and our company.
Working at Westfield is not all about hard work and no play. The rewards reflect this, and include a competitive salary, a host of benefits including generous discounts at our centres and a stimulating work environment.
If you want to join a truly inspirational organisation which is constantly driving innovation, please review and apply accordingly.
We consider applications from candidates who need some form of flexible working, so please ask us for more details at the time of application.
- Lucia Garlando